We already know what a blog is, and how to create a blog for free. If not, please have a look at our articles where we’ve discussed the blog and also about creating a free blog at Wix.com ( https://www.bridgingpointsmedia.com/create-free-website-get-domain-hosting-free/ ). In this article, we’ll discuss – how we can create a blog at Blogger or say Google Blogger which is also known as Blogspot.com.
What Is Google Blogger?
Google Blogger is a product of Google and is a Content Management System, where we can create, edit, delete, and manipulate data which includes media. It is also known as Blogspot or just Blogger. This being a product of Google, has gained a lot of popularity amongst all the available Content Management Systems. Most new bloggers prefer using Blogspot as their primary blogging platform.
Why Bloggers Prefer Blogger?/Features & Advantages Of Creating A Blog At Blogspot
- Free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
Not so long back Google had announced that they will not prefer users to visit such sites that do not have the SSL certificate installed. After this announcement, Google has also launched a free SSL featured service for its Blogspot users. The Blogspot users can now install the SSL certificate on their blog for free.
- Completely Free
Most bloggers or new bloggers don’t want to invest anything upfront; uncertain how rewarding their blogging experience would be. This problem is sorted out by Blogspot as they provide the free service of blog creation.
- Zero Downtime
Since Blogspot is hosted on Google’s Server, so there are very little chances that the blog will experience downtime due to heavy traffic or chocked bandwidth.
- Unlimited Storage And Hosting
Blogger as a blogging platform provides unlimited storage and moreover, the hosting is also free.
Steps To Create A Blog At Blogspot/Google Blogger
To create a blog at Blogger, we need to follow the below steps –
- Go to Blogger.com. Now we can see two options, Create Your Blog and Sign In. (At the top right corner) Click on any of the buttons.
- After we click, we are finally redirected to Gmail. The reason for this redirection is, both Blogger and Gmail are the products of Google. As per Google’s policy, to access any of Google’s product, we need a Gmail Account.
- Now we need to fill up our credentials in Gmail and continue further.
- Now we are led to Blogger where we can create our Blogger profile.
- Here we see an option where we are asked to input our display name. Our display name is one, which will show up below every post we write. It is therefore recommended that we choose to have our blog’s name as our display name. Pen down the display name and click on ”Continue to Blogger”. We have now successfully created our Blogger Profile.
- We are now in the dashboard, we see an option on the center of the page “CREATE NEW BLOG, ” and/or on the top left-hand side, we see “NEW BLOG“. We need to click on this to write our first blog on Blogger.
- Now we see a pop-up window asking for: Title – ”Give the title of your Blog” [We need to write our blog’s name]
- Address – It is the URL through which the visitors will visit our blog. Once we write down our desired URL, the system will auto-check the availability of the chosen URL. If the chosen URL is available – select it, or try different combinations.
- Theme – Here we can choose any of the default themes we like. We can even upload a custom theme.
- After all these steps, now we click on ”Create blog”! Hurray, we have finally created our blog!! Congratulations!!!
- Here we might get a pop-up window asking for a custom domain – for now, just click on No thanks; we will do this later.
- Now on the top left corner, we see a link “View blog” – click on it. Then see the blog what we have just created.
Congratulations we are finally done creating our first blog on Blogger.
If still there are issues regarding the creation of a blog on Google Blogger, please do let us know through the below comment section. We at Bridging Points Media provide all kinds of assistance and development (Blog, Website.) Please feel free to reach out to us for the needed service or for a free analysis of your blog/site.