Social media and specifically Facebook & Twitter have become an integral part of our daily lives.
From learning about the latest news to knowing about what our friends and relatives are up to, all this and more is consumed through the platforms of Facebook & Twitter. Facebook & Twitter have become an all in one platform to fulfill all of our needs in this digital age – including reaching out and engaging with our prospective business partners, friends, and relatives from across the world.
Facebook also serves as a free online vault for our photos, videos, stories, and messages. These platforms help us access our media files from anywhere, anytime and from any device. Now suppose Facebook & Twitter shut down… What will be the impact and what will happen next?
• As a first #FacebookAndTwitterShutdown will trend on the available social media platforms and these platforms will stand to benefit as a good chunk of users will move to them and the frequency of engagement on the then-existing platforms will also increase.
• If Facebook and Twitter shut down without notice, we stand to lose our photos and videos, if we have not backed them up.
• We will lose our business and friend connections if we have not taken it offline or to other media.
• Communication with our business and social circle will be badly disrupted and we will look for similar platforms to communicate with them.
• Facebook and Twitter have a huge audience that is segmented and tapped for marketing, promotions, and advertisement. Corporates, SMEs & startups will have to look for similar and alternative avenues to effectively reach out to their audience.
Though a shutdown of Facebook and Twitter will help establish more real-life connect – other platforms will emerge to step in.