There are several free WordPress themes in the WordPress package, but unfortunately, we don’t like them. We will like to upload premium custom themes from various app stores.
However, while uploading the custom themes, we face many challenges due to the size of the theme which exceeds the maximum file size. When we try to install the custom theme, WordPress throws up this question i.e., “Are you sure you want to do this?” and even after clicking on Yes, there is no luck – the same question pops up once again.
Then we can get our web host to increase our PHP limits so that a larger zip file is allowed to be uploaded. They will know which limits to set if we explain the issue.
We can follow the below easy steps to resolve this issue and even save on costs –
1. Go to the CPanel [from the same place where we took our hosting].
There is an option there with the name “File Manager.” This will open the file manager from where we can manage our themes.
2. Now we need to go to the “public_html” folder and click on the “content” folder, which will again display a few more folders.
Now click on “themes” folder.
3. Click on “Upload” and upload the “.zip” theme file.
4. Once the file is uploaded, extract the ‘.zip file’ and remove the “.zip file”.
5. Now we need to go to our WordPress Dashboard ‘Appearance and Themes’ and locate our theme there 🙂
This works in 99.99% of the cases, and if there are still issues pertaining to this, please let us know through the comment section below.